On May 18, 2022, the UW Health internal network will block access to personal email systems that are not owned by UW Health. This change only applies to Wisconsin because Northern Illinois already blocks this access on their internal network.
- Access is only blocked on the internal network and not the Free Wi-Fi.
- UW-Madison access to email will not be blocked.
- Work email accounts can still receive email from personal email accounts and can still send email to personal email accounts.
- Only the ability to login to a personal email account on the internal network will be blocked.
- Personal email includes, but is not limited to: Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, AOL Mail, ProtonMail, etc..
Full Uconnect article below.